About the Campaign
The Stop Weight Bias Campaign is a national campaign produced and presented by the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) with the commitment to raise awareness, put a stop to weight bias and push equality forward.
The Stop Weight Bias Campaign wants to raise public awareness of weight bias from childhood to adulthood and change the public perception of obesity and weight bias by broadening understanding of why we must #StopWeightBias.
- Raise societal awareness of weight bias, specifically to obesity.
- Educate audiences on the negative impacts of weight bias and where it occurs.
- Educate audiences with obesity on the dangers of internalizing weight bias.
- Educate audiences about resources and best-practices to stop weight bias.
- Humanize weight bias with real people and real stories.
About the OAC
The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is a more than 75,000 member-strong 501(c)(3) National non-profit organization dedicated to giving a voice to individuals affected by the disease of obesity and helping people along their journey toward better health through awareness, education, advocacy and support. In addition to the Stop Weight Bias Campaign, we offer a variety of valuable tools and educational resources to help you in your journey with weight and health. To learn more about the OAC, please click here.